Agreement to Serve On the Board of Directors
I agree to serve on the board of directors for ___________________ (“Association”), and I also agree to be guided by the following principles:
- To attend and participate in all meetings and communications to the best of my ability to be present.
- To respect parliamentary procedure at all meetings; to refrain from speaking out of turn; and to participate in a business-like manner.
- To maintain confidentiality with respect to the board’s executive session meetings, including any related discussions or other communications.
- To accept the board’s decisions even if I disagree, because I understand there may not be unanimous support for every action taken by the board.
- To promote the goals and interests of the Association in a constructive manner, and not to create unnecessary conflict among the homeowners.
- To disclose to the board on the meeting minutes any financial conflicts of interests.
- To do my best to ensure that the Association’s finances are well managed.
- To uniformly enforce the covenants and other governing documents.
- To place the best interests of the Association above my personal interests; the interests of a particular homeowner; or the interests of a faction of homeowners.
- To resign from the Board if I find I can no longer maintain this agreement to serve.
Signed this __ day of _______________, 20__.
Print Name: __________________________