As a community association leader, the best way to prepare your community associations for potential challenges is to be proactive. Here are some ways you can use cloud-based technology to stay connected with your fellow board members and homeowners during times of disruption.
Modern, mobile technology allows you to:
- Use mobile communication via two-way text messaging, email, and photo attachments, so your residents can receive necessary and timely updates and alerts. Bulk text and email options are also available to streamline communication with an individual homeowner or the entire association.
- Encourage all payment transactions to be made online.
- Communicate guidelines around any adjustments to the architectural review process to your associations.
- Stay in touch with your association manager and fellow board members for any requests that need review, including in-app messaging for instant communication.
Optimize Your Maintenance Process
Ensure your essential maintenance operations continue to operate efficiently for your residents and maintenance technicians by utilizing technology that:
- Allows homeowners to easily submit common area maintenance requests using their online portals.
- Supports maintenance techs with access to work orders assigned to them from their preferred device.
- Helps board members and association managers stay in the loop on all maintenance communications and tracked statuses online for high visibility.
- Enables your vendors or maintenance techs assigned to a work order to quickly cancel or adjust vendor activities.
We want you to have the confidence that your association can continue to operate and inform residents 24/7, especially in times of uncertainty. With AppFolio, you have the tools you need to streamline communications and maintain operations. We love innovating on behalf of our customers so they can be on the cutting edge of the industry. Learn more about AppFolio’s complete solution for community association management.